Please find the latest information from Banyule Council. This information has also been included on Council's website.
UPDATE FROM BANYULE COUNCIL ON NEW DRAFT IVANHOE STRUCTURE PLAN
Council continues to work with the Ivanhoe Community Consultative Committee and is analysing submissions to develop a New Draft Structure Plan for Ivanhoe. We hope to release the New Draft Plan for community consultation in August and there will be various opportunities for residents to comment on the new draft.
Through the workshops and other consultation the community has given Council enormous feedback and guidance that is assisting the preparation of the New Draft Plan. The aim of Council is to produce guidelines for the Ivanhoe Activity Area that are realistic and consistent with State planning policy, but also reduce development pressure in residential areas across all of Ivanhoe.
Based on feedback received to date, Council intends to protect Ivanhoe's neighbourhood character in the Draft Structure Plan by:
- Establishing a set of guidelines to sensitively manage change in five potential development areas - Ivanhoe Plaza, Upper Heidelberg Road, Ivanhoe Station, Darebin Station and Lower Ivanhoe – with further work still to be done on the Civic Precinct.
- Establishing a set of guidelines to ensure that development is only 1-3 storeys in residential streets in the Activity Area.
- Strengthening existing heritage controls and improving controls to protect substantial trees and requirements for vegetation.
- Clearly defining the Structure Plan boundary.
- Establishing permanent neighbourhood character controls for areas outside the boundary as part of a separate process.
To review documents and feedback and stay informed, visit www.banyule.vic.gov.au/ivanhoeproject.
Alternatively, phone 9457 9816 to have information sent to you.