On 11 December 2017, Council approved the release of a draft Ivanhoe parking plan for community consultation.
You can read the plan and other important information at https://shaping.banyule.vic.gov.au/ivanhoe-parking-plan
There is a community information session next Tuesday, 6 Feb 05:00 PM – 07:00 PM at Council Chambers.
Key issues to consider:
- The study area considered extends 400m beyond the Ivanhoe Structure Plan boundaries and includes the assumption that people are prepared to park and walk 400m to the Ivanhoe shopping centre
- Many Upper Heidelberg Rd parking spaces that are currently 1 hour will be reduced to 15 or 30 minute parkingThe time limits in Council car parks will be reduced from 4 hours to 3 hours and from 3 hours to 2 hours
- The number of parking spaces required for new developments in diversity/commercial areas will be reduced (0.8 spaces for each 1 & 2 bedroom dwellings, 2 spaces for each 3+ bedroom dwellings and 0 spaces for visitor parking).
- It is assumed parking is available in residential streets
- It is assumed that green travel plans and encouraging car sharing schemes will reduce the demand for car parking
The new parking plan is likely to have significant impact on community parking access to the Ivanhoe Activity Centre including the restaurants, businesses and community services. It encourages unlimited parking in residential streets.
We encourage residents to provide feedback to Council on the draft parking plan by:
- attending the community session next Tuesday
- online at https://shaping.banyule.vic.gov.au/ivanhoe-parking-plan
- contact your local Councillor https://www.banyule.vic.gov.au/Council/Councillors